October is the perfect month to landscape in Sacramento! Want to create a cozy environment for a special fall occasion? As summer ends and fall approaches, there are a few upcoming holidays to start preparing for.
Halloween is just around the corner. Why not throw a fun Halloween bash and invite all your friends and family over to enjoy your wonderful outdoor space?
Not too thrilled with your backyards appearance? There are plenty of things you can do to spruce up your space! One of my favorite things about fall is the colorful changing leaves. Try adding some Maple trees to your backyard for beautiful color radiating throughout your yard.
In addition to the plethora of especially stunning fall trees, installing low-voltage lights is the perfect addition to create a spectacular outdoor space your friends will rave about.
If you are having difficulty coming up with the perfect design, don’t worry, that’s what we are here for! Capital Landscape is eager to help transform your space into something you’ll absolutely fall in love with. We work with you one on one to help create an awesome design that you will want to show off all year long!
In case you do plan on hosting a fabulous fall fiesta, here’s a delicious fall favorite you can make to impress all of your guests!
Pumpkin Praline Cheesecake
- 3/4 cup Honey Maid Graham Crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 (250 g) packages Philadelphia® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping
- Cheesecake: Mix graham crumbs, nuts, 1/4 cup each brown and granulated sugar, and butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch spring form pan. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Whisk pumpkin, remaining brown sugar, eggs and spices until well blended. Beat cream cheese, remaining granulated sugar and cornstarch in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add pumpkin mixture; mix just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 45 to 50 min. or until centre is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool completely before removing rim. Refrigerate 4 hours. Meanwhile, prepare Praline.
- Praline: Bring sugar and water to boil in small saucepan on medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Continue boiling, without stirring, 5 to 7 min. or until syrup is thickened and golden brown. Remove from heat. Stir in nuts. Spread onto parchment-covered baking sheet. Cool. Break into bite-size pieces
Top Cheesecake with Cool Whip and Praline just before serving.